Norton Shores, MI
Sedation Dentistry in Norton Shores, MI
Community Shores Dental’s Sedation Dentistry
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
- Nitrous Oxide – Conscious sedation utilizes a mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen, or laughing gas. It's a non-invasive, safe way to help patients stay fully conscious and completely relaxed.
- Oral Sedation – Oral sedation is typically taken in pill form about an hour before your procedure. We prescribe a benzodiazepine to affect the parts of the brain that control anxiety and fear. Once the oral sedation goes into effect, you will feel calm and relaxed.
- IV Sedation – IV sedation is sometimes called sleep dentistry. IV sedation is administered straight into your veins through an intravenous tube. Patients feel relaxed quickly and may be partially conscious or unconscious during the procedure.
- General Anesthesia – General anesthesia puts patients to sleep for dental procedures. We use an IV sedative with more intense anesthesia. During the procedure, patients are entirely unconscious.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
- Helps control the gag reflex
- Little to no memory of the dental procedure
- Feeling of comfort in the dental chair
- Reduces the amount of time for extensive procedures
- Offers the dentist more control for a successful procedure
Frequently Asked Sedation Dentistry Questions
Why Choose Community Shores Dental?
Community Shores Dental offers the latest dental technology to ensure every patient has the best possible experience in our dental chair. Our staff is trained in the latest dental techniques to provide high-quality services. Our entire team truly cares about your patient experience. We find the best dental treatments that meet your needs.