ABOUT BOTOX® COSMETIC
Choose the brand medical providers and patients know and trust: BOTOX® Cosmetic. It's the #1 selling treatment of its kind*:
- The first and only treatment FDA-approved to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines, crow's feet and forehead lines look better in adults
- A quick 10-minute treatment with minimal downtime
- You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines
It delivers predictable, subtle results, so you look like you, only with less noticeable facial lines
How Botox® Cosmetic Works
A combination of factors can cause facial lines. It’s not just about the cellular changes that may occur, or reduction of collagen, or damage caused by free radicals from the sun and the environment.
Repeated muscle contractions from frowning, squinting, or raising eyebrows cause skin to furrow and fold, gradually resulting in the formation of facial lines. BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the surface and temporarily reduces the underlying muscle activity that causes moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines in adults – to help them look visibly smoother.
Botox into the masseter muscle, the main muscle on the side of the jaw that allows most of your grinding and chewing, will actually reduce in size giving the appearance of a slimmer jaw. See the Botox Cosmetic tab for more information on the product!
What to expect with treatment
Some patients receiving BOTOX® Cosmetic report the injections feel like a pinch. You may begin to notice a visible smoothing of frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines within 24 to 48 hours, with results lasting up to 4 months for moderate to severe frown lines in adults.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is not a permanent treatment. If you discontinue treatment the moderate to severe frown lines, crow's feet and forehead lines will gradually return.
A product backed by thorough research
Only BOTOX® Cosmetic is backed by more than 16 years of published studies. It uses a unique manufacturing process, and its potency is measured in units that cannot be compared to any other product. This is why there is no such thing as “generic” BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Get the one and only
Did you know the FDA has stated that BOTOX® Cosmetic is “non-interchangeable”? That means its safety and effectiveness cannot be claimed by another product. The potency – or strength – of BOTOX® Cosmetic is measured in scientifically defined units that cannot be compared to any other product, due to its unique manufacturing process. There are no substitutes for our product. People who are prescribed a biologic product have a right to know exactly what they are receiving; be sure to ask for BOTOX® Cosmetic by name.
Ask to see the label
Only BOTOX® Cosmetic has been evaluated and approved by the FDA to help make moderate to severe frown lines, crow's feet and forehead lines temporarily look better in adults. Make sure you receive authentic BOTOX® Cosmetic - by taking a few simple steps.
- Ask to see the vial of BOTOX® Cosmetic that the specialist will use during your treatment. The vial will have the BOTOX® Cosmetic logo and also have a holographic image that says "Allergan". If the vial has another logo or marking, then it is not BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- See a reputable medical provider who purchases BOTOX® Cosmetic directly from Allergan or a distributor authorized by Allergan. To locate a medical provider who purchases BOTOX® Cosmetic from Allergan, use the Find a Specialist tool on this website.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is manufactured by Allergan in a state-of-the-art facility under the strictest quality and safety standards. Every vial is filled and sealed in a completely sterile environment where the air is filtered and refreshed in excess of 200 times an hour.